Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Operation of Test Systems, VAV (Verification of Absence of Voltage), equipment routine maintenance and safety checks, diagnosis and investigation of test failures, equipment design enhancement, modification.
Process & Documentation:
Preparation of KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), maintenance and modification records, drawings, Risk Assessments, Work Instructions, procedures, NCR’s; data analysis.
Support and contribute to equipment design changes and upgrade for new products and continuous improvement activities. Implement agreed design changes.
Detail and co-ordinate the test facilities requirements that would enable an efficient and compliant integration of the proposed VSC/LCC Valve production test equipment, under the guidance of the test engineer.
Promote and participate in Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) initiatives to enhance product performance, quality, test coverage and efficiency; also, support cost reduction objectives.
Actively participate and contribute to Continuous Improvement activities within the Business, particularly relating to Manufacturing and Test, in the interests of enhanced product quality, test coverage, test efficiency and cost reduction.
Environment / Health / Safety:
Support and actively contribute to initiatives and activities that help the company to achieve its objectives in EH&S matters. In own activities, ensure company EH&S requirements are complied with at all times.
- Educational Requirements
- HNC/HND or Engineering Degree or equivalent, in an electrical/electronic discipline, with more than 5 years experience in a factory/manufacturing environment, with a significant proportion in a production test environment.
- Desired Knowledge & Experience
- A good electrical/electronic with an understanding of test software, software interpretation and programming skills.
- New Product Implementation. (Process & Execution).
- Advanced Manufacturing Methods and subsequent Implementation. (Lean)
- Safe working practices within a working environment. (EHS)
- Project Management / Team Management competence.
- Knowledge of business principles and strategy and subsequent interface across all functions.
- Knowledge of HV systems would be advantageous.
For more information please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you.