We are currently looking for a number of specialists to work on critical security projects around the UK with a base in the South of England.
These are all 12 month contracts with the option to renew, rates are negotiable.
This particular role is for a Verification Engineer.
• To Verify Detailed Design documentation ensuring that the Electrical & Instrumentation (E & I) designs are integrated with the project delivery partners and Design Assurance.
• To review and certify the Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) design’s and communicate between the Principle Designer, Design Team’s, Project Engineers and representatives of the client (NG).
• The Verification Engineer shall undertake their duties in accordance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulation 2015 (CDM 2015), UKBP/TP137, UKBP/TP141, UKBP/TP188 and UKBP/TP184.
• Review and Verify documentation requirements for the CNI design process between internal and external parties.
• Attend internal / external design review meetings and coordinate throughput of actions from design review and integration meetings.
• Attend Formal Process Safety Assessment (PFSA) meetings.
• To understand the clients Processes and Design Compliance Assurance Audit Reports (DCAAR) procedures.
• To review E & I drawings, Schedules, Documents and Calculations.
• To be able to write technical documents and reports following reviews of E & I drawings, Schedules, Documents and Calculations ready for issue back to Design teams.
• To Sign off Design Verification Certificates ready for formal issue to Design Assurance teams.
• Design Assurance and configuration of design output.
• Ensuring completion of final design documentation certification.
• Supporting clients internal project requirements and interdepartmental requirements – throughout the whole project life cycle from inception through to commissioning and handover to the client.
• Responsible for integration liaison with electrical and third party partners.
• Responsible for meeting Design Assurance key dates.
• Support the project team in achieving compliance with the Clients Processes and Standards and meeting the operational and business objectives by safety by Design.
• Technical interface between Project Design Team and Project Site Managers and Project Support staff.
• Support measures to ensure compliance with the clients internal Quality Procedures and the Clients Quality assurance, Document control and procedures.
• Management of large multi disciplined, integrated Instrumentation and Electrical & Instrumentation / Security Design Projects.
• Ability to interpret specifications and contract requirements to be able to verify a fully compliant solution.
• Proven ability to produce completed verified designs ready for issue to Design Assurance teams.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Relevant Qualifications
• City and Guilds or equivalent in a related technical field (electrical/electronic engineering)
• City and Guilds or equivalent in Technical Security Systems.
• City and Guilds or equivalent in Civils related subject preferable but not essential.
• 5 years operational related experience.
• Chartered Engineering status preferable but not essential.
• TP 141 Authorisation process for commissioning, settings and Design Assurance roles and Assessment process for contractor designs and approval roles and Principle Designer Roles.
• Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
• Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post.
We are also looking for the following:
• Project Manager (2)
• Design Verification Engineer (1)
• Design Engineer (1)
• CAD/REVIT Engineer (2)
• Project Engineer (3)
• Planner (2)
• Senior QS (1)
• QS (1)
• Quality Manager (1)