Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the Rail industry.
10 year design and build contract to renew/ upgrade switches and crossings also plain line and Drainage in the Central/North of England.
To lead on environmental and sustainability on the Alliance.
- Leading and driving the environmental and sustainability agenda for the Alliance with the operational project teams
- Ensure the Alliance is compliant with the environmental and sustainability requirements of the UK Business Management System (BMS)
- Provide projects with technical advice, guidance and support on environmental and sustainability matters and consenting requirements
- Managing the environmental sub-contractors
- Actively contribute to learning, sharing and best practice via the UK Centre of Excellence
- Competence in environmental incident investigation
- Understanding of UK policy, environmental legislation, regulatory frameworks and experience in briefing senior managers and site teams on changes in legislation or policy and how these might affect their area of work
- Strong working knowledge of ecological issues and applicable legislation for protection of wildlife, including regulations and guidance.
- Ability to influence and promote a positive HSES culture
- Experience in construction/railway environment
- Relevant environmental or sustainability degree
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (or equivalent)
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!