Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the Rail industry.
Track Alliance Advisor (Environment and Sustainability Advisor) x4
Weekends/Night Shift: Maybe required
To provide guidance, support, advice and compliance monitoring on Environment and Sustainability to ensure compliance with the HSES integrated Business Management System (BMS), Legislation, BSI requirements and Client standards.
To provide on-site engagement, coaching and support on E&S and promote safe behaviours on site.
Team/ Working Environment
Internal: Site and contract operational teams, Rail HSES Director, HSES Leadership Team, Project Leadership teams, Communications Managers, Procurement & Supply Chain Management, and Winning Business Teams as required
External: External Environment & Sustainability forums, groups, stakeholders, contractors, regulators, supply chains and customer facing duties as required.
This role reports into the Alliance Safety & Sustainability Lead
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (or equivalent)
- Strong working knowledge of ecological issues and applicable legislation for protection of wildlife, including regulations and guidance.
- Ability to influence and promote a positive HSES culture
- Competence in environmental incident investigation
- Understanding of UK policy, environmental legislation, regulatory frameworks and experience in briefing senior managers and site teams on changes in legislation or policy and how these might affect their area of work
- Understanding of current local authority/government policy and future policy within relevant geographical region and how these can affect customers, suppliers, communities & stakeholders requirements
- Ability to undertake project planning, project management and work to budgets
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Additional relevant skills and qualifications in any technical area
- Experience in construction/railway environment
- Relevant environmental or sustainability degree
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!