Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Test Technician based in Rugby on a 3months contract with an option to renew.
The Power Conversion, Rotating Machines Rugby Engineering Team is responsible for the design and engineering of world class generators and delivering optimised solutions in line with the requirements from the business verticals.
Reporting to the Materials Controlled Title Holder the main role is to support the investigation of machine failure to determine the root cause of the failure of a machine component
• Working as part of a Project Team to support the investigation of the failure.
• Perform various tasks to examine, record and collect evidence to support the investigation.
• Ensure the collected data is stored in a clear and organised manner to enable future reference.
• Plan, allocate and manage daily workload to achieve objective within delivery times.
• Participate in discussions on observations.
Working cross functionally as part of a global team to ensure our customers (both external and internal) are satisfied with their experience of dealing with us.
This is not an extensive list. The role may evolve to incorporate other tasks according to the businesses requirement.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical engineering environment.
• Knowledge of rotating machines products, their engineering challenges and manufacturing processes.
• Computer literate in Word processing, Excel and Powerpoint applications.
• Flexible approach, willing to work extended hours if required and travel as and when required.
• Good written and oral skills.
• Experience in the reading and interpretation of engineering drawings and documentation.
• Security clearance to “Baseline” level minimum.
• Methodical, disciplined worker with focus on attention to detail but also attention to delivery times and deadlines.
• Structured in approach and well organised.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast moving environment.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!