We are looking for experienced Test Engineer working with a well branded Global Leader.
SKILLS: (Test Engineer, Electrical, test circuit , voltage, HV, High Voltage, test, repair, maintenance, test rigs, modules, HV equipment, 1800-2000 Volts, 800-1000 VAMPS )
The test technician role is a shop floor based role, reporting to the Production Supervision Manager. This role requires the candidate to follow defined safety critical testing procedures, facilitating the operation of the test equipment, its maintenance and adherence to safety and performance. The role also requires the candidate to assist in ‘New Product Introduction’ and undertake equipment design activities to modify equipment as necessary. Due to the nature of our business, some extended and flexible working hours may be required.
- Operation of Test Systems, VAV (Verification of Absence of Voltage), equipment routine maintenance, safety checks and diagnosis / investigation of test failures.
- Process & Documentation: Preparation of KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and maintenance records. Contribute to the development of drawings, risk assessments, work instructions, procedures, NCR’s and data analysis.
- Product Design:
Participate in Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) initiatives to enhance product performance, quality, test coverage and efficiency.
- Continuous Improvement:
Actively participate and contribute to Continuous Improvement activities within the Business, particularly relating to Manufacturing and Test, in the interests of enhanced product quality, test coverage, test efficiency and cost reduction.
- Environment / Health / Safety:
Support and actively contribute to initiatives and activities that help the company to achieve its objectives in EH&S matters. In own activities, ensure company EH&S requirements are complied with at all times.
- HNC/HND or Engineering Degree (or equivalent), in an electrical/electronic discipline
• ideally more than 2 years experience in a factory/manufacturing environment, with a significant proportion in a production test environment.
• Electrical/electronic experience, ideally with an understanding of test software and software interpretation
• Experience of generation and collation of KPI and other required data.
• Advanced Manufacturing Methods and subsequent Implementation. (Lean)
• Safe working practices within a working environment. (EHS)
• Knowledge and experience of HV systems would be advantageous
Please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail.