Our Client is looking to recruit a Tendering Engineer's to be based in Locations in the London Area on a permanent basis.
To provide Applications Engineering support to the Business Development Manager from initial enquiry to contract awarded.
The Tendering Engineer's main Responsibilities are:
- Produce compliant designs in accordance with customer and DNO requirements/constraints
- Understand and apply DNO G81 design standards
- Understand and apply ENA ER standards where applicable
- Effective management of recorded project detail in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS)
- Produce job specific cost estimates for proposals
- Display suitable time and project management skills to effectively manage customers expectations and support project enquiries within committed timescales/deadlines
- Ability to escalate problems in a timely manner to minimise business exposure
- Ability to recognise gaps in competencies, be it technical or soft skills
- To promote and demonstrate a culture of Health Safety & Quality at all times
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the company's Environmental Policy
- Carry out Risk Assessments
- All Other reasonably requested duties
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Keep up to date on current legislation & regulations
- Carry out all works in line with the company's Policies and procedures
- Ensure that all relevant Safety, Construction specifications & technical data are available
- To be aware of the market place that the company is operating within and to promote the company to maximise opportunities
- Ensure that you have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out your duties for the company.
- Provide accurate quality work within the department and company
- Travel throughout the UK to sites
- Travel throughout the UK to regional offices
- Organisational and Time Management
- Ability to compile professional correspondence
- Team working
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have a professional attitude
- Good English/Communication skills - liaising with clients and project site personnel involved on each contract - by telephone, email and other written correspondence
- Relationship management - Managing customer expectations
- Carry out any duties as deemed appropriate by the Tendering Manager
- Must have knowledge and experience of electrical distribution and have an engineering background, preferably with previous experience with a Distribution Network Operator (DNO), Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) and/or an Independent Connections Provider (ICP)
- Or, the ability to demonstrate aptitude to develop own skills to meet these standards
- Experience using and proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience using MS Office software packages
- Must have a UK driving licence and be willing to travel and lodge if deemed necessary
- The incumbent should be qualified as an Engineering Technician with a good level of design experience, with a working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and Recommendations relating to the design of Electrical Distribution Systems of DNOs and the requirements for the technical records.
To be considered for the role of Tendering Engineer, please apply with an updated CV.