Job Title – Technical Designer
Position Tyre: Contract
Duration of Contract: 8 weeks
Our client is renowned for their expertise in working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Designer for a global client for a contract position based in London. This right candidate will be managing large commercial office Interior Design projects
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Experience and Skills; -
· Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
· Have an Industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
· Able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion.
· Able to integrate design requirements with architecture.
· Able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project, minimum requires as noted above.
· Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
· Excellent project management and organisational skills.
· Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
· Flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning.
· Responsible, self-assured, motivated and able to take responsibility.
· Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team.
· Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team.
· Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure.
· Able to deal with the management of junior designers on the team.
Main responsibilities: -
· To take full responsibility for the development interiors works packages in REVIT
· Proficient in REVIT
· Familiarity with COBie data in BIM Level 2
· Ability to create and drive excellent content for clients with high level Director support
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to convey complex ideas and messages in a simple and clear way
· Seeks out innovation and best practice across all areas of the role – brings new ideas and creative thinking to client work as well as across the internal AECOM Design team
· To seek continuing professional development thorough knowledge of and compliance with AECOM procedures and standards
· Proficient in In-Design / PhotoShop Excel and Powerpoint
· Full knowledge, understanding and application of all UK Building regulations
Specification writing, NBS CREATE preferable
· Minimum of 6 years industry experience in commercial office Interior Design.
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.