Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for Technical Bid Writer on a permanent based in Stone with travel to some sites may be needed.
- Work closely with bid teams and subject matter experts and provide technical and commercial writing skills, display creative flair in tender plans ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines are met.
- Support Bid Manager and at times take the lead to facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops.
- Analyse and understand PQQs and tenders quality scoring criteria and client requirements as well as the preferences of the target audience
- Conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources, writing from scratch or editing material as appropriate
- Develop and refine drafts into customer-focused responses that are clear, well-structured and focus on benefits
- Prepare cost estimates and lead preparation for each gateway review process as part of our governance process.
- Ensure consistency with house style and alignment with customer terminology
- Work with graphic designers to produce appropriate graphics that enhance the response
- Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content
- Ensure completion of narrative meet the required internal and external deadlines at every stage in the bid process
- Follow formal systems and governance processes and ensure timely delivery of tasks within strict timescales
- Working with the Business Development Managers to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures.
- Support the BDMs through meetings with our clients to understand their needs and demonstrate market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
- Carry out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
- Produce subcontract specifications, in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- Produce detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that give the company edge over competitors.
- Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, producing Subcon specifications for them to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
The ideal candidate Should be able to demonstrate and have the following:
- A Software or Hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to achieve security clearance to at least SC level.
- DBS must be valid or comfortable to do one.
- Works to APMP standards.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to manage time efficiently.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving client solution issues.
- Target oriented - understands targets and demonstrate a structured approach on how to achieve them.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to handle challenge and work effectively under pressure
- Commercial awareness
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!