Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a T&D Commissioning Engineer on a Permanent Contract based in Dublin.
The Commissioner Engineer role will involve acting as the lead commissioning engineer undertaking commissioning activities / duties on a wide range of equipment to a high level of competency, paying due regard to safety across a multitude of construction sites.
- Undertake testing and final commissioning on a wide range of plant and equipment at various voltage levels including primary and secondary testing of CT’s, VT’s, Power Transformer’s, Disconnects/Earthing Switches, CB’s, Fault investigation, diagnostic activities and rectification of faults.
- Final testing of Protection Relay’s to include Overcurrent, Earth Fault, Transformer Differential, Line Differential, Busbar Differential, Impedance Protection, EGIP from various Relay manufacturers utilising Omicron Power System Simulator.
- Provide technical support and direction, within your competence, to team members, including the application of technical standards
- Undertake commissioning activities to customer specification on the range of plant and equipment within their competence including completion of appropriate test documentation and preparing a commissioning test report
- During Commissioning, provide design engineers with support and feedback on their designs to ensure errors and omissions are caught and do not reappear on future projects
- Prepare and hand over all relevant documentation in the form of a safety file at the end of each project
- Develop a project specific commissioning plan, amending as required following input from the Client and / or System Operator
- Hold all the relevant authorisations appropriate to the testing activities to be undertaken
- Take the role of Lead Commissioning Engineer on designated projects, coordinating and managing commissioning activities, whilst acting as a focal point for the customer
- Prepare and collate commissioning documentation to be incorporated in to final project folders
- Fulfil Commissioning duties within competency e.g. production of commissioning programmes, commissioning method statements, inspection schedules etc. within specified time scales
- To undertake testing and final commissioning on a wide range of plant and equipment at various voltage levels including fault investigation, diagnostic activities and rectification of faults within your competence
- To undertake commissioning activities to customer specification on the range of plant and equipment within your competence including completion of appropriate test documentation
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Commissioning Engineer will possess 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of HV Engineering, HV Equipment & HV systems
- Innovates and leads in Testing, Commissioning /Technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!