Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a System Engineer on a 9 Month contract based in Rugby.
This System Engineers role will involve the ideal candidate to be responsible for ensuring our business can design, build, maintain, and use technology in a safe environment that supports business growth. They are responsible for providing design, implementation and support of security controls to reduce cyber risk as related to business needs, and design efforts related to delivering the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy controls required to mitigated risk to out client and comply with customer requirements. They will engage and interact w/ functional leaders, projects and operational teams to support these technical initiatives throughout the lifecycle of the security services delivered.
• Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in multiple cyber/IT areas.
• Maintain understanding of client policy as well as current national government, industry and general system and security engineering standards and good practice guides.
• Drive a security by design approach into projects and initiatives that support business needs and those of partners / prime contractors and national authorities.
• Collaborate with cross business and corporate teams to drive continuous improvement.
• Participate in the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives within cyber security.
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including regional CIOs, Risk and Security Managers and other global IT security and compliance leaders.
• Define and refine technology security requirements and communicate to system owners through effective security awareness programs and training.
• Contribute to the development of infrastructure platforms with reusable components that can be leveraged in other projects and initiatives moving forward.
• Promote standardized security tools, process, and platforms to maintain consistency across all regions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Engineering, or a similar field
• A minimum of 10 years professional experience in IT Systems and Security Engineering, at least 5 years at a senior level.
• Experience in delivering large-scale projects and 2nd line support within a corporate IT Service Management and Quality Management Systems driven manufacturing organisation.
• A very high standard of producing and reviewing documentation within a regulated and quality-controlled environment including test procedures, work instructions and training material for other IT/IS staff and end users.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!