Assist the site team to manage projects within the Infrastructure Group either in the Civils or Water streams from contract award through to completion; reporting to either a Site Agent or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability.
To ensure the successful completion of projects in accordance with quality, safety and environmental procedures of the business, whilst maintaining and improving client relationships and working with the team to achieve financial success of the project.
• Participate in team development for the benefit of the individuals and the company. Emphasis on team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
• Preparation, monitoring and implementation of Quality planning and controls for various activities within live projects to ensure project compliance with the Specifications and the Company Policies for Quality, Safety and Environmental issues;
• Investigation and preparation of requisitions for plant and materials within tender allowances including identifying requirements, taking off of quantities from drawings or direct site measurement;
• Interpreting construction information from drawings and specifications etc and ensuring the information is communicated to the particular site operations;
• Management of and/or assistance to site Engineers, involving the effective delegation of tasks to team members;
• Management of and/ or implementation of site setting out and checking regime generally undertaken by the site Engineers. May include interpretation of survey data gathered;
• Methodology selection and preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, permits to work.
• Monitoring of implementation of procedures on site;
• Maintain records of work done and site activities including as built records, diaries and allocation sheets;
• Manage minor subcontractor operations and coordination including meetings and assist with larger subcontractors;
• Maintain and develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work;
• Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project – promotion of positive image of the company to protect and promote the brand name;
• With training, undertake planning and checking role for temporary works in accordance with company procedures;
• With training, plan and prepare lift plans in accordance with company procedures;
• Monitor waste management requirements;
• The exact tasks will vary according to the nature of the project and the scope of work. On a large project the tasks will be shared among team members reporting to a site based manager. On a smaller project the Sub Agent would be performing most of these tasks directly, reporting directly to a visiting manager;
• Supervise work on site by direct and Subcontractor workforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Awareness of quality and environmental practices within the business environment.
• Knowledge of the construction process.
• Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience.
• Good practical knowledge of site setting out, control and checking
• Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Sub Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience. Ideally will have previously held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor.
• Essential Civil Engineering/Building qualification.
• Preferred BSc Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Studying towards and approaching Chartered status
• Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management e.t.c.
• Good communicator orally/written;
• Good decision maker. Sound technical knowledge;
• Good team player;
• Knowledge of the construction process;
• Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience;
• Self motivated;
• Holds a full UK driving licence.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.