Rubicon Consulting are looking to recruit a Stations - Section Engineer to join a project located in North West London on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised Civil Engineering qualification and experience of working within the rail sector.
A multi-disciplinary design and build project to upgrade the existing Network Rail infrastructure and stations between Stratford and Shenfield to accommodate Crossrail trains as they leave the eastern portal and join the existing Greater Anglia network. The work involves platform extensions, station refurbishment, step free access, telecommunications and power supply upgrades, track modifications and overhead line re-alignment. The project will interface with a signalling upgrade and other Greater Anglia projects.
This is a key strategic project for London which will enable the running of Crossrail test trains.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained.
• Ensure all setting out is present and correct before works start.
• Ensure that all the relevant company and NR permits are in place in advance of any site works
• Raise relevant Early Warning Notices, delays and issues to senior management
• Reviewing subcontractors’ WPPs
• Ensure WPPs for all activities are in place prior to works commencing, to include arrangements for safe segregation of the public at all times
• Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and raise these to the attention of the Station Site Manager.
• Be fully conversant with specialists’ contract conditions and attendances.
• Maintain programme and identify opportunities.
• Record resources and monitor outputs against programme.
• Communicate with the Site Manager regarding issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Ensure a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendance is maintained
• Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to. Assist in completion of ITP check-sheets as required
• Supervisory responsibility for liaison with: Site Manager, Health Safety and Environmental Team, Client’s representative, specialists (variations, performance, working methods, quality etc),other contractors (synchronising activities, setting shared goals)
• Co-ordinate sub-contractors’ work on site e.g. civils; M&E; telecommunications; building work
• Interact with the station managers and staff – from Greater Anglia
• Recognised Civil Engineering qualification
• Understanding of Engineering Principles
• Awareness of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
• Good technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practice.
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (IOSH for example)
• Experience of working within the rail environment
• HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
• SMSTS certificate
• Vocational Training (successful experience of project supervision)
• Valid PTS card
To be considered for the role of Stations - Section Engineer please apply with an updated CV.