Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Sourcing Specialist based in Stafford on a 10 Month Contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of Sourcing initiatives as directed by central sourcing and those necessary to support the local businesses in Stafford. Additionally, there is the regular management of the vendor database, team administration, quality/process management and sourcing performance management.
Initiatives & Processes
• Have a good understanding of all Sourcing related processes and the relationship between each of them.
• Be able to critique and suggest alternatives or changes to processes and challenge the status quo.
• Translate the processes and apply them within the department to allow functional ways of working.
• Be able to map new processes.
• Be involved in pushing for improvement on KPIs (DTP, PK etc).
• Be able to provide help and insight into the methodology of the KPIs and how to analyse the data with the team.
• Maintain our supplier panel – both in terms of data management (commodity allocation to suppliers, and to Sourcing Buyers) and making that information available and understandable to the wider business.
Vendor Master Data
• Lead the vendor master data (FMDR) management for all GI units in Stafford (& Edinburgh) for both direct and indirect suppliers.
• Interpret the guidelines into a process flow for the business (including standardised templates).
• Manage the FMDR central email – ensuring prompt action of incoming requests.
• Understand the VMD file and be able to provide help and training on the document.
• Investigate requirements from the business and action accordingly. Including liaising directly with suppliers for banking information.
• Raising the FMDR requests in the FMDR tool
• Validating FMDR requests in the FMDR
• Follow through the system to completion – chasing relevant people where necessary.
• Answer queries from Genpact team processing FMDRs.
• Bachelors' degree in business or engineering related subject
Experience and Knowledge
• 3-5 years’ experience in sourcing (or purchasing) function
• Ability to create strong networks within different departments
• Ability to collaborate and problem solve
• Creative and tenacious
• Ability & flexibility to identify and prioritise workload in line with demands
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
• SAP experience
• Strong IT skills (MS office, MS project, Excel etc) - Specifically in Excel; Pivots, formatting, macros
• Knowledge of Sourcing Analytics Tools
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!