Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the power transmission industry,
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for Sourcing Program Leader for a contract position based in North East England.
Sourcing Program Leader (New Product Introduction) – NPI.
This individual is a strong contributing member of a cross-functional NPI (new product introduction) team to ensure the best suppliers & parts are qualified and contracted for the design. Lead all sourcing activities including cost modelling on Products and lifecycle analysis by engaging early with NPI program managers, product managers, design engineering, materials and quality. Represent Sourcing during scheduled functional reviews and prepare Sourcing Review (SR) templates for leadership Business Reviews (BR’s). Collaborate regularly with other Sourcing team members to ensure alignment with strategic sourcing goals & initiatives. Implement strategic sourcing plans to support product line objectives and Global Sourcing imperatives; for example: multiple sources, cycle reduction, standard pay terms, low cost country & regional source development. Utilize negotiation skills to drive design to cost targets and to support on-time delivery to support program needs while eliminating/minimizing use of sole sources. Coordinate with supplier quality team to ensure supplier qualification and delivery of components are completed to meet schedule .
The Sourcing Program Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on the design and implementation for their assigned area
· Will drive and be accountable for operational excellence of assigned programs
· Engage the business leadership team to develop sourcing programs / processes and deliver enhanced productivity
· Manages budgets and contracts associated with programs and/or initiatives
· Support and deliver solutions related to the programs · Drive proactive involvement in all functional activities related to sourcing to ensure that sourcing has upfront involvement in all new programs and delivers strong value to the business
· Conduct qualification & competitive analysis of vendor products / services
· Develop, plan, and manage programs to meet purchasing commitments in Sourcing
· Manage the complete purchasing and contract administration functions for a large sourcing section as required to meet program commitments
· Develop sourcing strategy targets on quality, price, delivery, and service necessary to meet requirements
· Implement and maintain a quality improvement process targeting reduction in product variation and product losses using key management tools
· Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operational goals, and contribute to their accomplishment
· Periodically prepare and implement supporting work plans · Manage Buyer / Contract Administrators in fulfilling purchasing commitments and organize the appropriate program plans
· Provide support to Marketing and Sales in their proposal efforts. Activities include budgetary quoting, requests for quotes/proposals/information, objective proposal evaluation & supplier selection, manufacturability input, identification of cost out opportunities, supplier approval and lead-time management.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!