Our client is a leading Engineering company this is a fantastic opportunity for a long term contract.
As a Senior Developer you will work as part of an agile software team designing, building, validating and maintaining the clients Advanced Distribution Management System used by utility companies worldwide in the management and distribution of electricity.
• Develop new Advanced Smart Applications and help migrate existing systems to micro-service architecture.
• Work closely with Business Analysts and Technical Managers to understand user requirement and design and develop applications to meet customer needs.
• Work closely with customers and project engineers to Identify issues and improve code quality
• Work well as part of a team or independently, showing initiative when overcoming obstacles
• Display a natural ability to learn.
• Able to improve product quality displaying strong refactoring skills.
• Implement automated unit tests and scenario tests to ensure release quality.
• Must have proven experienced of Angular & HTML 5
• Experience in use of Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory as part of configuration management and software delivery / deployment
• Experience in all or some of the following technical skills
o CppUnit, Junit or similar
o Linux operating systems
o Interprocess communication (TCP/IP, UDP), Multithreading programming
o RESTful services, Web Sockets, Web Application development
o Open Source Software (Apache HTTP Server, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes, Jboss)
• Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Power Analysis or other degree with relevant experience • Experience working in software development methodologies (Scrum/KanBan)