Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for Software Controls Lead on a 6 month contract based in Stafford
The ideal Candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the Controls Software component of an HVDC system and will report to the Software Delivery Manager within the Controls Software Function (Delivery team for the HVDC).
They will manage an Agile (Scrum) team of Engineers comprising Software Developers, Software Validation & Systems Engineers.
They will be liaising with the Project Manager in order to ensure that your team is on plan to deliver the necessary components of an HVDC system required by the project.
They will use Jira as the main Software Development management tool and with the team working in a Scrum style manage the backlog of work to be delivered via Sprints according to the overall project schedule.
They will have to report on your progress on a weekly basis and contribute to our wider team's continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve the overall Project Delivery process.
- Creating the software plan to ensure on-time delivery of software according to the project milestones.
- Run daily stand up meetings in line with the Scrum methodology and ensures that resources are fully engaged on the project
- Arrange and participate in other meetings as required
- Ensure that resource requirements are raised and managed effectively
- Ensure that the project understands and tracks against its budget
- Create and present clear project reports according to the standards that have been defined
- Manage project risk and mitigation plans as required
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure that schedule integrity is maintained
- Demonstrates process conformance and quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle
- Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
Requirements : -
• Educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science
• Experienced in Project Management from a relevant Engineering Environment
• Demonstrable understanding of Software Delivery and Lifecycle
• Comfortable in managing teams of technical people
• Practical experience of JIRA
• Practical experience of Scrum
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!