Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a Site supervisor for a permanent position based in the central belt of Scotland.
The Company is looking for candidates to carry out the role of Site Supervisor, carrying out High Voltage Substation refurbishment and Construction work within our Scottish team. Work requirements will vary from small work programmes involving small teams, through to major construction / refurbishment projects.
The position is at various construction sites throughout Scotland – predominately Central Belt.
· Supervision and Management of Substation Installation Works, both in a working role and dedicated site management role.
· Control and Inspection of work on site to ensure it is delivered safely and within budget.
· Assignment of site staff to individual duties.
· Carrying out Site Safety Briefs
· Carrying out regular site audits and inspections
· Undertaking dynamic Risk Assessments for work to be undertaken.
· Ensuring Site based reporting is carried out to requirements – Safety, Quality, Environmental.
· Supervision of Sub Contractors.
· Co-ordination of equipment deliveries and staff availability with Project Manager.
· Maintenance of Site Files.
· Maintaining equipment and tooling registers.
Should be able to demonstrate the following:
· A good understanding of Site Management of Substation Construction works for a DNO client.
· Be able to work proactively within a team environment.
· Experience of undertaking substation construction work, including supervision of :
o Primary Equipment & Connections, including lifting operations
o Protection / Control system installation / wiring
o Multicore Cabling
o Earthing Systems.
· Minimum 5 years experience is a similar role.
· Hold appropriate level of DNO authorisation.
· Completion of Recognised Training Scheme.
· Current Safety Passport.
· Sone of SMSTS / SSSTS / IOSH Managing Safely qualification or similar.
· Demonstrable commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
The company provides the following:
25 days holiday + 8 statutory.
Provision of Company Van
Health Care Scheme.
Training and Opportunity for progression.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £37,000.00 to £41,600.00 /year
Substation Site Supervision: 5 years (Preferred)
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!