SKILLS: Civil construction/ M&E National Grid knowledge, Onshore substation experience, full cycle experience, Cost resourcing, Primavera P6, attending project start-up meetings
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
- In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
- Maintain liaison with Estimating Manager regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Make presentations to Estimating Manger, Senior Management& Clients as required.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
- Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
- Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
- Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
- Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
- Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.
National Grid Substations, Civil and M&E
If you are interested in any of the above, please respond via email and I will be in touch with further details.