Role: Site Planner
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £38,000 to £42,000
Start Date: ASAP
A site based planner is required to support the construction of a key Infrastructure project in the East Midlands. The Planner is a key part of the delivery team, reporting to the site based Project Manager. The candidate must be able to manage/coordinate all aspects of planning, programming and associated logistics to facilitate timely and efficient construction.
• Planning and programming input into preconstruction activities and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology;
• Preparing tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information;
• Liaising with our bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary;
• Preparing presentation material and presenting our construction proposals at interview;
• At contract stage - prepare programmes of works with the site teams to facilitate a detailed construction programme,
• Prepare design and procurement programmes and other supporting information;
• Provide on-going support to site teams to review progress or update programmes as necessary;
• Formulating and developing short term programmes and monitoring progress against these;
• Coordination of contractors operations at preconstruction and construction stage;
• Proactively support commercial and design teams;
• Keep Project Manager fully informed at all times;
• Ensure risk is eliminated or reduced in construction by sequencing, methodology and phasing works appropriately;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field;
• Suitable level of safety training and to hold an appropriate CSCS card.
• Membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged;
• Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Microsoft Outlook;
• Experience in the delivery of large scale (£30m plus) D&B projects;
• Experience in delivery of high quality civic/schools/office or police buildings;
• Good knowledge of building and general construction techniques and methodology;
• An understanding of the design and procurement process and of contractual matters;
• Ability to absorb and assimilate project information quickly and to demonstrate clarity of thought in developing and presenting solutions within rigid timeframes;
• An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions;
• Ability to work independently and manage own workload but must also be able to work effectively as part of a team;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Confidence to communicate within the company, with clients, industry professionals and suppliers;
• Capable of preparing programmes using Powerproject;
• Track record of successful multiple project delivery;
• Keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering or general construction techniques and methodology;
• An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters;
Considerable site experience.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
• Technical construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
• Ability to supervise others to achieve tight deadlines;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Effective communication – both written and oral;
• Ability to work with and motivate a team;
• Ability to seek and take on board feedback and implement corrective action;
• Innovative and strong at finding solutions/alternatives;
• Previous experience in a similar role.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
This role is initially based in Monmouthshire; however the role is UK wide potentially involving living away from home during the week on future projects.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.