We are looking for a site based planner who is required to support the construction of a key Infrastructure project in the South and London.
The Planner is a key part of the delivery team, reporting to the site based Project Manager.
The candidate must be able to manage/coordinate all aspects of planning, programming and associated logistics to facilitate timely and efficient construction.
- Planning and programming input into preconstruction activities and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology;
- Preparing tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information;
- Liaising with our bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary;
- Preparing presentation material and presenting our construction proposals at interview;
- At contract stage - prepare programmes of works with the site teams to facilitate a detailed construction programme,
- Prepare design and procurement programmes and other supporting information;
- Provide on-going support to site teams to review progress or update programmes as necessary;
- Formulating and developing short term programmes and monitoring progress against these;
- Coordination of contractors operations at preconstruction and construction stage;
- Proactively support commercial and design teams;
- Keep Project Manager fully informed at all times;
- Ensure risk is eliminated or reduced in construction by sequencing, methodology and phasing works appropriately;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field;
- Suitable level of safety training and to hold an appropriate CSCS card.
- Membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged;
- Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Microsoft Outlook;
- Experience in the delivery of large scale (£30m plus) D&B projects;
- Experience in delivery of high quality civic/schools/office or police buildings;
- Good knowledge of building and general construction techniques and methodology;
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and of contractual matters;
- Ability to absorb and assimilate project information quickly and to demonstrate clarity of thought in developing and presenting solutions within rigid timeframes;
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions;
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but must also be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Confidence to communicate within the company, with clients, industry professionals and suppliers;
- Capable of preparing programmes using Powerproject;
- Track record of successful multiple project delivery;
- Keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering or general construction techniques and methodology;
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters;
- Considerable site experience.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
- Technical construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
- Ability to supervise others to achieve tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication – both written and oral;
- Ability to work with and motivate a team;
- Ability to seek and take on board feedback and implement corrective action;
- Innovative and strong at finding solutions/alternatives;
- Previous experience in a similar role.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.