I am currently representing an established sub-contractor who is looking for permanent site managers to help progress their joint venture.
Maximise the Customer experience, ensuring customer commitments to the end client are met and customer initiatives are always a high priority.
Providing all necessary coordination of personnel / contractors and site management, customer liaison, supervision and technical support in the delivery of Construction work (replacement, reinforcements, diversions, new connections, multiple occupancy buildings, reinstatement etc) activities in accordance with designer’s directions across the East of England & North London Networks.
Consistently demonstrate, promote and develop high standards of safety behaviour, leading by example.
· Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control.
· Management of the entire site and control of all resources to complete the works satisfying the requirements of the design, legislative (e.g. CDM), regulatory and subcontractor and client technical standards, policies and procedures.
· Surveying, organising, planning and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and contractors, ensuring effective communication and coordination is always maintained.
· Undertake site inspection of projects focusing on the safe, compliant delivery of all activities in progress and quality of work completed taking the appropriate action where necessary to address weaknesses or failings.
· Undertake or assist with incident reporting, investigations, submission of final reports as well as close out of remedial actions.
· Undertake or be working towards Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) duties for temporary works operations.
· Continually monitor performance and foster a culture of team working and safety, creating a culture of zero harm and Injury Free Environment.
· Ensure operatives possess the correct and current qualifications and competencies to allow them to undertake the relevant work activities they are being employed to do.
· Participate in effective and appropriate planning to ensure optimum competent resource is available for the workload.
· Deliver the required targets and key performance indicators of the contract.
· Ensure suitable induction is provided to all workers and visitors to site
· Ensure formal site audits are carried out and recorded in accordance with requirements.
· Ensure that communications are delivered effectively so that operatives understand Area/personal objectives, standards of service. Deliver as appropriate toolbox talks, safety briefings and team briefs.
· Attend and participate in internal management and programming meetings.
· Ensure Routine Operation permitry is submitted in a timely manner.
· Investigate and resolve customer enquiries, claims and or complaints in an expedient and professional manner.
· Liaison with Reinstatement department to ensure the efficient and expedient reinstatement of the public and private areas.
· To carry out standby and call out duties as required
· Ensure all required data, records, forms etc. are recorded and submitted accurately and by the appropriate deadlines.
· Proactively work with customers to ensure the subcontractor offers an excellent customer service, resolving and/or escalating enquiries and complaints in line with the client standard.
· Develop and maintain relationships with relevant local authority representatives and supply chain.
· Carry out any other reasonable requests or duties as and when requested for the good of the business.
- Previous gas supervisory experience is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to lead on site and drive performance
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, safety and statutory regulations.
- Experience in delivering works in a safe and compliant manner
- Competent to support front line operational staff
- Excellent understanding and commitment delivering on customer satisfaction
- Ability to influence and control cost
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in operations relevant to SCO procedures (beneficial but not essential)
- Current UK driving licence
Qualifications required for role (development will be provided to attain these where necessary)
· Authorising Engineer / Competent Person for routine operations (SCO5)
· Competent Person for non-routine operations (SCO4)
- Authorising Engineer for permit to work for excavations (SCO2)
- Temporary Works Appointed Person (Temporary Work Supervisor – BS5975)
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Gas Safety Passport
· Deep Excavation qualification
· Working at Height appreciation
· UMSTS / SMSTS
Negotiable + great company benefits (ask for more info)
If you are interested or would like more information then please do send across your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can call me on 0121 667 8637. Please ask for Lilian