Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a Site Lead Planner for a 400kv substation build (Greenfield) on a 6 month contract based in Dunbar.
The site lead planner is a member of the project core team:
The ideal candidate will drive the project construction execution schedule to maximize results, facilitating delivery of the project on time, within budget, in conformity with the contract whilst managing the customer expectations.
They are part of the Project Controls function and is expected to manage project schedules in accordance with the established global process, tools, metrics and operating rhythms.
- Providing site construction & commissioning schedule status to the Site Manager & site team, Project Lead Planner & PM
- Develops and maintains the construction & commissioning schedule by integrating inputs from all functions, units and third parties contributing to the project
- Ensure proper linkages in schedule to show all interdependencies between contributing parties
- Delivers a high-quality schedule aligned with global standards to ensure project is accurately represented
- Provides schedule analysis to determine project schedule risks and opportunities then works with project team members to drive risk mitigation strategies
- Provides weekly site look ahead aligned with contract schedule, clearly communicating potential and real risk and driving the project priorities
- Provides regular status reporting with forecasting and analytics to project team members
- Identifies & drives solutions for engineering & procurement blockers with wider project team and third parties
- Provides contractually required customer reporting and can communicate directly with customers on scheduling matters
- Aligns with cost controlling function to ensure clear alignment between cost and schedule to ensure accurate
- Support change order analysis with schedule analytics and forecasts
- Organize/lead timely Planning Reviews with site project team and third-party subcontractors, to drive and challenge progress, agree forecast and share all schedules issues with defined/validated mitigation plan
- Load resources into the project schedule
- Support disputes and analysis of claims
Requirements : -
- Graduate Engineer
- 5 years minimum of experience in planning management,
- Must have 400kv substation build experience
- Application of planning control principles (WBS, critical path, progress)
- Application of planning tools (MS-project and P6)
- Site located construction & commissioning planning experience
As a plus:
- Carried out organizational and strategic planning process would be appreciated
- Carried out Planning integration principles and methods
- Carried out Contract management: made EOTs and supported negotiations
- Carried out Risks management
- Carried out Schedules “what if” analysis
- Has Experience in Substations
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!