Rubicon Consulting are currently recruiting for 2 Site Engineers for contract positions based in Berkshire on a 6 month contract.
We are looking for experienced site/section engineers to work on highways. With a large amount of experience on structures and; or earthworks.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of working with Earthworks materials, structural concrete and asphalt, as well as managing the testing regimes to ensure compliance.
- undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
- Financial: Data Collection through on-site records (diary, photographs, file notes).
- Monitoring of Budget (including labour and plant in use in their section)
- Production of Task Briefing Sheets
- Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce
- Carry out associated briefings
- Carry out Safety Inspections
- The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
· Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes
· Read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification
· Production of as-built drawings & records for every element of the works involved in
· Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation in a timely manner in line with programme
· Maintaining accurate records – Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions
· Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference
· Understands what is classified as additional work and understands how to record this
· Familiar with actual resourcing levels versus budget and reporting of reasons for difference
· Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
· Understands Permit to Dig System
· Setting out techniques – ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS
· Able to report issues with control and information provided
· Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file
· Strong understanding of construction tolerances
· Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
· Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works
· Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
· Knowledge of specification and contract documents
· Understands what constitutes additional works
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!