Managing projects within my client’s Water streams from contract award through to completion; reporting to either a Contracts Manager or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability.
To ensure the successful completion of projects by achieving acceptable financial outcomes, whilst maintaining and improving client relationships, and adherence to the quality/safety/environmental policies of the business.
• Resource allocation and management of Site staff;
• Reporting to the senior Manager on Department budget control procedures for contracts and progress against programme;
• Ensure safe systems of work and the Company Safety Policy are practised;
• Enforcement and monitoring of the Division’s Quality Assurance and Env systems;
• Management of projects/contracts;
• Motivation of staff;
• Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects;
• Staff recruitment;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management e.t.c;
• Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Site Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience;
• Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period;
• Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. LUL, HA, Water Companies, Petro/Chem;
• Essential Civil Engineering/Building qualification (essential);
• CSCS card (essential);
• BSc Degree in Civil Engineering (preferred);
• Chartered status of professional body or approaching (preferred);
• SMSTS (5 day) (preferred);
• First Aid at Work (4 day) (preferred);
• National Water Hygiene card (preferred).
• Strong leadership and motivation skills;
• Must have good organisational skills and be able to communicate at all levels;
• Time management;
• Ability to delegate and manage tasks carried out by the site team;
• Good decision maker;
• Sound technical knowledge;
• Good team player;
• Knowledge of the construction process;
• Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience;
• Holds a full UK Driving licence;
• Commercially and contractually aware;
• Good people management skills;
• Awareness of quality and environmental practices within the business environment.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.