To provide advice, assistance and guidance to operations with regards to the management of health, safety and environmental issues.
To monitor compliance with SHE policies and procedures and legislation.
Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to, the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Assist and advise the operational and management team to further develop the management systems and operational practices.
- Supporting the management and operational teams in their line management responsibility for health safety and environment.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. risk assessments, risk management, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational health, etc.
- Providing support implementing Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Liaison with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders as directed by the SHE Manager.
- Support incident management & investigation process, ensuring that the investigations produced by line management are of sufficient quality and completed within prescribed timescales .
- Support the Area Manager in the maintenance of Depot HS&E management systems..
- Produce toolbox talks, team talks and appropriate SHE training materials about health and safety issues and risks.
- Arrange and facilitate employee forum consultation meetings.
- Attend, support and represent SHE at operational meetings.
- Monitor trade contractors via site inspection and management audit.
- Coordinate & Support behavioural safety initiatives (IFE)
- Deliver on internal audit process requirements.
- Support with the cascading of relevant SHE information.
- Keep and provide records of incidents and accidents and produce appropriate SHE statistics.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Producing reports on work/projects/activities carried out.
- Assist with the development of SHE management systems.
- Act as a role model at all times in support of the project's visions, priorities and values.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS)
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of safety behaviour, leading by example, promoting safety culture.
- Previous experience as a Safety Advisor in a construction environment (Utilities experience desirable)
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to manage potential conflict during site inspections with operational teams.
- Capable of delivering confident articulate presentations.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office - Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Must hold a current UK Driving License.
Utility SHEA Gas Passport
Internal Audit e.g. BSI or Lloyds Lead Auditor Qualification – IRCA Registered.
Face Fit tester
NRSWA for Supervisors