My client is one of the world's leading suppliers of products, systems and services, mainly for automotive manufacturing. They employ several thousand people globally and in 2012 generated revenues in excess of $2billion. To continue growth in this dynamic market leader, they are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer based in their West Midlands Head Office.
The successful Service Engineer will be responsible for providing effective servicing, maintenance and repair of customer equipment, primarily of Paint Application Robots. You may also be accountable for installation, modification or commissioning as required. The Service Engineer will respond to and interact with the Service Project Manager, further responsibilities include:
• Commence service and installation (sometimes commissioning work), actively contributing as a member of a team where appropriate.
• To sustain consistent contact with your appointed manager on service activities, with special regard to matters demanding urgent attention such as impending delays and deviations.
• Identify and record equipment, process and performance improvements observed during work activities and feedback to their appointed manager.
• Assume supervision of installation and service activities, including control of sub-contractors, progress monitoring and snagging.
• Decide methods to be used for individual test operations, conduct and / or instruct operatives accordingly.
• To respond to realistic demands for urgent customer assistance.
Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent in an electrical discipline with proven experience is essential, while a degree (electrical or software) is desirable. Knowledge of automotive/related industries, robot programming and commissioning of capital plant equipment is required. You should be able to prioritise and organise, be self-motivated, while working under pressure and working for different customers. Be flexible with working hours as customers cover the UK, with potential in the future to overseas work.
Basic £36-£40k (dependent on experience) + generous package.
To apply for Service Engineers please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com for consideration and for further details please call 0121 667 8637 or my mobile 07595 877165.