Our client is looking for a Senior water engineer to support the delivery of £360 million of capital investment on behalf of Scottish Water over the next six years.
CWA services consist of programme management, design, rehabilitation and construction of pipeline and distribution network projects across Scotland.
In line with the growth of CWA we are actively looking to expand the team with the addition of a Senior Water Engineer to manage designs and to deliver potable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs.
Based in Glasgow, the successful candidate will Anchorhave the opportunity to deliver the detailed designs of potable water pipelines and distribution network projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. This is a key design role with responsibility for the timeous delivery of quality design and reporting outputs.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects and developing good working relationships with discipline teams and other key stakeholders;
- Experience in potable water network design including networks, civil works, reservoirs and pumping stations;
- Experience in project management of large/medium and small scale projects;
- Robust understanding of pressurised systems including national and international specifications;
- Experience or exposure to hydraulic modelling and capable of instructing/overseeing modellers based in other offices;
- Experience leading and managing teams of engineers;
- 5 – 10 years of experience in water engineering or relevant field.
- Chartered Engineer with CIWEM or the ICE;
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Significant and relevant experience of working within an Engineer or Senior Engineer position on potable or raw water infrastructure projects;
- Relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. Pressurised system and pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design, understanding of other engineering disciplines;
- Understanding of construction and operational requirements within design;
- Understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems;
- Ability to mentor junior team members.
The salary for this role is negotiable and we offer an extensive benefits package, which includes private healthcare, gym membership, season ticket loans and a contributory pension scheme.