We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a senior Risk Consultant working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
Our client provides services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.
Successful applicants will have experience of Risk Management Systems including Active Risk Manager (ARM) and Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis (PertMaster), PREDICT, Crystal Ball, and Risk.
The role of the senior Risk Consultant is to provide effective risk management and proactively seek to control, mitigate and eliminate, all known risks. Promote a corporate understanding of risk management in accordance with the policies of the business while guiding and supporting junior members of the MPCS risk management team and to act as technical lead and provide support in the delivery of Risk Management services as directed on projects in the UK.
• To manage the efficient delivery of Risk Management to Projects and Programmes as directed
• Support Business Development and Proposals Managers in the production of proposals
• Act as Consultant, Project Manager, or Technical Lead as required.
• Management of budgets as allocated.
• Manufacture periodic reports covering business activities in a format to be agreed with the Senior Delivery Manager / Commercial Manager.
• Help in developing Risk Management plans within the scope of our clients Risk Management Information System, or as directed by a Head of Discipline or Senior Delivery Manager (Risk Management)
• Facilitate Risk identification workshops as required and perform QSRA and QCRA analyses in accordance with project or programme requirements
• Assist in development of tools, techniques and resources to meet the emerging requirements of our market sectors, consistent with a commitment to continuous improvement
• Degree qualified
• IRM Diploma / Certificate in Risk Management or equivalent
• Significant experience and knowledge of project Risk Management in the infrastructure, technology or commercial business sectors, with 3 experiences in the transportation / rail transportation business sector. Other areas of experience will be considered
• Experience in 3 or more Risk related disciplines: Project Risk, Strategic / Business Risk, Engineering Risk Analysis, Corporate Governance & Regulatory Risk, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery, Commercial Risk, Insurance Risk, Security Risk, Environmental Risk, Earned Value Management, Value Management, and Supply Chain Risk Management.
• Sound knowledge of relevant regulations and best practices in Risk Management.
• Successful track record of applying Risk Management services in relevant market sectors within the context of a professional services provider.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Project Management principles, including Risk and Issue management, stakeholder management and change management.
• Demonstrate ability to support a multi-disciplinary team of technical and non-technical resources.
• Member of an appropriate professional institution
• All employees shall familiarise themselves with our health and safety arrangements and guidance relevant to themselves and their activities and shall meet any specific duties for their role as detailed within GNHS020 – Competencies, Roles and Responsibilities. This document is available to all employees through our company intranet and is accessible from your first day with the company
Proactive / Can do
Routinely works irregular hours
Routinely works away from home office, either visiting or on short-term assignment to sites
Ability to work to own deadlines and under own initiative
Excellent organisational skills
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail with your CV.