Rubicon Consulting are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based in the West Midlands.
To ensure the successful financial completion of projects, protecting the exposure of the Company to financial risks, together with adherence to the commercial procedures of the Business. Responsible for the commercial management on a number of smaller projects.
• To co-operate with, report to and implement the reasonable directives of the Regional Director/Manager and the Commercial Manager (functional reporting);
• To directly supervise Trainees, Assistant and Site Quantity Surveyors;
• To ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis thereafter;
• To liaise with contracts management in the day to day commercial administration of contracts to ensure the financial success of construction operations and to keep the Commercial Manager appraised of all material events;
• To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Group’s Commercial Procedures where delegated authority so requires;
• To prepare accurate draft sub-contracts and/or to approve such drafts as prepared by subordinates within the Region to the level of responsibility dictated by the Group’s Commercial Procedures;
• To ensure that a high personal standard of professionalism is evident to all external clients, peers and subordinates in the day to day management of the Regions activities;
• To supervise, mentor and encourage all junior staff in their personal professional development;
• To ensure in consultation with contracts management that all necessary notices and submissions required by the various forms of contract are given in an expedient manner so as to protect the Group’s position in its trading activities;
• To ensure in consultation with contracts management that main contract payment applications contain all necessary admeasure/additional cost claims and that the timely submission of detailed claims and final accounts is achieved;
• To assist contracts management in the administration of sub-contractor performance so as to ensure the economic and timely completion of all sub-contractor liabilities written into the sub-contract;
• To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments (strictly in accordance with specified payment terms);
• Involvement in dispute avoidance/resolution;
• Responsible for managing meetings;
• To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Professional membership of recognised institute e.g. RICS (desirable);
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
• Sound & comprehensive understanding of construction industry and the parties to it;
• Proficient knowledge of measurement and valuation;
• Good knowledge of standard forms of contract;
• Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process;
• Ability to negotiate with clients/sub contractors;
• Ability to draft sub contracts;
• Knowledge of housing grants, CIS;
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments and valuation of them in conjunction with other project team members;
• Ability to produce accurate monthly cost and value reports and outturn financial forecasts (desirable);
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Awareness of dispute procedures;
• Experience of value engineering;
• Extensive experience of working on live projects and final accounts;
• Exposure to resolving disputes;
• Successfully completed a number of final accounts;
• Experience of procuring major works sub contracts;
• Experience of managing, mentoring and developing staff;
• Procure 21 or Procure 21+ experience but not essential for this role.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
To be considered for the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor please apply with an updated CV.