Management of costs relating to construction projects to ensure overall financial success of a project.
This role will be based out of Cambridge initially working on Health projects in Cambridgeshire.
• To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Divisions Commercial Procedures;
• Issue and management of records and documentation relating to contract accounts;
• Preparation of draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility dictated by the Divisions Commercial Procedures;
• Procurement of and monitoring of sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff
• To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments (strictly in accordance with payment terms);
• Preparation of request for EOT;
• Settlement of main contract final accounts;
• Pricing variation and design cost control;
• Involvement in value management/value engineering input;
• Required to attend regular meetings;
• To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and to strive to enhance ones own professional capability;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• To have quality QS experience of working on site;
• Experience of working on a live project;
• Experience of managing sub contractors (desirable);
• Experience of processing subcontract payments;
• Professional accreditation e.g. RICS, CIOB, ICES;
• CSCS card;
• The job holder will require full security clearance to work on a custodial project;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Adept at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately;
• Understanding of the inter-relationship between specifications and cost drawings;
• Understanding of compliance with company procedures;
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people;
• Understanding of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions;
• Able to read a construction programme and relevance of the critical path;
• Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects;
• Able to work effectively as part of a multi disciplined team;
• Understanding of H&S issues at work;
• Awareness of dispute resolution;
• Experience of working on Health projects is essential.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.