Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Planner on a Permanent basis based in Switzerland.
As a Senior Project Planner, you will play an active role in project management support of multi-disciplined, multi-sector project delivery work by facilitating the planning, scheduling and controlling processes. Providing advice, support and clear communication of fact-based answers to key management questions which will aid in intelligent and effective decision making, and must escalate and flag internally to the Lead Planner (& Planning & Risk Manager) immediately where there is risk.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Planner:-
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
Programme Co-ordination (Planning Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Validation of High Level Target Schedule as received from PM considering current emerging IFC project information
- Optimize build schedule & develop “Pinch Pint Register” identifying where we are not in agreement with Main Contractors / CMT schedule
- High level labour load of Target Schedule to be completed and S-Curve to be produced
- Submit the Schedule and S-curve (& all subsequent schedules) for review and approval to the Lead Planner
- Negotiation strategy to be developed to deal with main contractor schedule risk
- Organize with the PM & attend meeting with Main Contractor / CMT to negotiate and agree optimum build schedule – minute and circulate
- Revise / Develop and add agreed level of detail to schedule
- Assist Main Contractor / CMT in development of an overall integrated schedule
- Ensure that the schedule is “Labour Loaded” and aligned with the Commercial Department Budgets – highlight any weeks where large progress is forecasted to PM’s, Lead Planner & Planning Manager
- Produce Build Methodology / Phasing Drawings
- Present the latest version of the schedule to the construction team to ensure there is a thorough understanding
- Support in Risk identification & mitigation
Status and Performance Advisor (Controlling Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Provide clear communication of early warnings to project management teams obtained from progress reports and knowledge of project field conditions
- Monitor package progress and efficiency (direct and subcontract) provide “estimate at completion” on labour man-hour spend in conjunction with the Commercial Team
- Progress Measuring / recording & collating actual installation progress for installation progress reporting
- Compilation of and issuing of period progress reports (internal / external)
- Produce Weekly “Drop-line Schedule” cw. 2 week look ahead and 2 week retrospective
- Escalation of risk items to Lead Planner & Planning & Risk Manager
Requirements of the Senior Project Planner: -
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Quantity Surveying or strong trades background coupled with technical ability may be considered
- 5+ years’ experience / demonstrate ability to develop and implement plans, monitor and control work
- Preferably experience working on Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Industrial type installations.
- Must be capable of producing project plans from design and commercial information
- Must be capable of coordinating the development of multiple project plans
- Microsoft Project / P6 or Equivalent Planning Software, Microsoft Office tools - Excellent report writing skills
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!