Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to join a major project based in Kent. To support the Cabling Programme Delivery Manager in leading and managing the Cabling Design Delivery Teams in the delivery of all design for schemes.
To include ensuring that the scope of the work is clear and understood and that design produced meets requirements and is on time and to budget.
The role includes management of the Project Design Managers, and supporting them as necessary in the design delivery.
The role will have a direct report to the Engineering Director, Cabling Programme Delivery Manager and indirect report to the UK Territory Director.
What are they accountable for i.e. what workloads / outcomes / results are the answerable for?
Provide support to the Cabling Programme Delivery Manager in leading the Cabling design team in the delivery of Design and in particular;
- Ensuring that the scope of works to be undertaken in delivering a scheme is clear and understood.
- Take responsibility for the management of cost of design delivery for the schemes.
- Lead the Project Design Managers in implementation of procedures & supporting them as the schemes are delivered.
- Progress management for scheme design delivery.
- Ensuring that the Design team are communicating efficiently, including the Operations team, third parties, client and each other during the design delivery.
- Working with the Professional Excellence Managers, ensuring that the design is safe, of suitable quality, environmentally sound, constructible, cost efficient, sustainable.
- The Programme Design Manager should ensure that the design teams are managing change, establishing the change scope, timescales, and ensuring that the design teams are working to instructions, providing the relevant cost data, timescales to undertake the changes and achieving them.
- The Programme Design Manager should encourage design innovation and value engineering during the design process.
- Supporting the Professional Excellence Managers in preparation and review of the Processes and Procedures employed within the Design Department. Ensuring that these are followed by the design teams in the scheme development.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken by the design team is in line with Client and Company Processes, Procedures/Specifications.
Supporting the Cabling Programme Delivery Manager in the duties of;
- Monitoring and supervision of the Project Design Managers, providing support, guidance and mentorship whilst undertaking engineering work associated with contracts.
- Monitoring design team delivery and working with Professional Excellence Managers and resource Manager to ensure team strength to undertake design work on behalf of the department.
- Ensure that the Project Design Managers responsible for the schemes are considering the costs as the schemes are being developed and reporting against this progressively and accurately.
- Where the scope of works to be undertaken in delivering a scheme is not clear or understood the Programme Design Manager must ensure that suitable steps are being taken to clarify requirements and that potential risks are identified and managed until this is completed.
- Reporting progress and any issues of key importance to the Engineering Director and UK Territory Director.
- Ensuring that programmes are in place for all schemes and are being followed and updated by the Project Design Managers.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the design department. Monitoring staff utilisation, supporting the Resource Manager in maximising efficiency of the team through effective resource management.
- Contribute to the production of the Engineering Departments workload programme, in particular the resource planning element.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of Engineering Department objectives and efficiency targets.
- Maintain and manage communications between departments within the design team such as India, Derby Crossways and Osprey House.
- Monitoring of adverse trends in terms of both cost and programme and initiation of actions necessary to rectify.
- Ensure that Health and Safety issues, for both the company and legal requirements, are complied with, both in relation to work being carried out and the employment of staff.
- Understand and implement the company and wider industry best practice in the Design Department.
- Ensure company Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices.
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
- To pro actively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right.
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in design and leading design teams
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in risk management analysis
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of budgetary control
- Knowledge and experience of Construction Design Management regulations and Business Assurance Systems
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.