The great thing about this opportunity is that the company will make sure that the role is more than just traditional project management services. Their Project Managers are experienced professionals with client, design, contractor and surveying backgrounds and they provide a range of services from development management, project management all the way through to contract administration and employer’s agent. Their team needs to be versatile in their knowledge base because they know this they have developed a training program made purely for their staff to develop breadth of skill base so that they can become technical experts in additional fields. They have unrivalled depth of knowledge to support our Project Managers, allowing us to challenge and stretch project teams to deliver the best solutions for their clients that you will be working alongside.
As part of the Southwest Team within a national PM business, lead project teams taking ownership for the deliverance of the project workload, successful achievement of both internal and external project objectives and superior client satisfaction. Particularly to take responsibility as the Senior Project Manager for the delivery of Major Projects
- To support the Regional Director of Project Management in the development and growth of project management throughout the region.
- To take possession for the victorious delivery of projects; giving control and direction to the team, managing design teams, effectively communicating with all parties, identify and manage the risks, planning and progress monitoring, expansion of fitting project controls,
- To assure the presentation of the project team on assignment delivery to meet agreed profit and client satisfaction objectives.
- To champion excellent health and safety practice and manage Project Management commissions to achieve safe, sustainable and efficient outcomes that meet agreed objectives;
- To develop and maintain relationships with clients, peers and others who are influential in providing future business.
- To act as a role model and mentor for staff within the Project Management team and wider business.
- To secure new work through networking, bidding, building relationships, and internal client sharing.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KEY PERFORMANCE
The following qualifications and experience may be considered representative for an appropriate candidate:
- Essential qualification: full member of an appropriate professional institution (RICS, CIOB, APM)
- A University degree in a construction, design or related discipline
- Knowledge, understanding and knowledge of providing project management services on building projects involving new-build and refurbishment work with a minimum value of £10m construction cost
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of advising on structured project control process
- Highly desirable sectors for experience: education projects, particularly University projects,
- experience, working either as a client, consultant or contractor, in public and/or private sector environments;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
The following behaviours are expected in order to meet our objectives of technical excellence and leadership and support our values:
- Organise, influence and direct project teams; make decisions; communicate and negotiate effectively; recognise and manage risks, work as part of a team;
- Behave as a trusted client advisor to contribute to their success, acting fairly, ethically, and in a corporate and socially responsible manner;
- Achieve recognition within our client and externally through qualifications, membership of professional institutions and by sharing knowledge to deliver professional excellence;
- Act in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, committed to high standards of safety performance, leading to “Zero Harm”;
- Care for colleagues, encouraging their development, engagement and achievement;.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call me or send me an e-mail.