Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer Control and Protection on a 3-month contract with an option to renew.
Job specification: -
- Executing the project / work package within the defined requirements (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
- Set in place work packages for the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design and specifications.
- Keep Contact with the Technical Lead Engineer
- Liaison with the assigned Procurement Officer on all subcontractor & supplier packages
- Responsible for the management of subcontractors/supplier’s packages through delivery up to handover in accordance with the project programme.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical, procurement and quality information is made available for factory acceptance tests to take place.
- Completing supplier / subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement & Quality Depts.
- Ensuring all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer as soon as possible.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement information for QA Plans providing procurement information and
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages for internal and external reporting.
- Liaison with site personnel and commissioning engineers on the allocated work package.
- Acts as the Engineers Representative on subcontract / supplier packages.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project engineering/contract management function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project technical delivery.
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
- Knowledge of Substation Primary & Secondary Systems.
- Experience of purchasing procedures and possessing negotiating skills.
- Awareness of Commercial / Contractual issues
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation. CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
- Formal qualifications to a minimum of HND/HNC level in Electrical Engineering, with Degree level more desirable.
- Corporate Membership of the Institute Electrical Engineering or working towards membership.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!