Our client is a leading provider of secure, flexible and low carbon services to the UK electricity market. With an 813MW portfolio of decentralised thermal power generation and battery storage assets.
With a remit to maintain the UK’s electricity system balanced and resilient, our client has fast-ramping, low-cost assets located nationwide, which improves competition and delivers better value to consumers.
As one of the ‘challengers’ in the UK electricity sector, bringing ground-breaking technologies and services to market which disrupt the traditional utility model our client helps support the growth of renewable energy by providing power supply to the electricity system operator when it is needed to counter intermittent wind and solar production.
As well as building and operating their assets, they have high-skilled staff of over 100 offering a wide range of specialist services to market participants. These include advice and implementation relating to demand side response and aggregation, reserve and balancing, and a proprietary app which is designed to help energy managers get best value from their assets.
The company is positioned for growth as the go-to provider of integrated flexibility energy services to big industrials and corporate both inside and outside the UK.
As a result of continual expansion, our client now seeks to appoint a Senior Programme Manager to be based in the West Midlands. Reporting to and working closely with the Programme Director, your remit will be to manage a team of Technical Specialists, Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Administrators.
This role has a specific focus on managing the day to day activity of the project, to review the key project plans and to take active measures to deliver critical path timeframes that are required to successfully complete the project. You will therefore be: -
- Responsible for providing detailed analysis of project/programme progress and reporting back to the Programme Director.
- Responsible for providing detailed project/programme progress and reporting back to the Programme Manager
- Using programme and project management methodologies ensure the efficient integration of core and matrixes resources to deliver to required quality, cost and time.
- Ensure that sub-contractors fulfil the project requirements as dictated by the Fusion Team management.
- Lead and support negotiations regarding contracts with potential contractors and suppliers.
- Liaise with, and closely monitor contractors and suppliers to ensure appropriate value and quality of service is delivered in conjunction with the project scope.
- Responsible for overseeing and liaising with the finance team regarding budgets and project forecasts and cash flow.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the day to day commercial and contractual issues
- Manage and adhere all contract principles agreed between the company and subcontractors.
- Lead/facilitate discussions with suppliers to resolve technical aspects of the build.
- Facilitate the sign off of site technical specifications with Client Engineer.
- Undertake site visits to audit/progress the site build. Ensure technical concerns are resolved in accordance with the build programme and budget.
- Validate the technical content of contract variations requested by the EPC or other contractors.
- Develop and deliver client briefs.
- You will be asked to work closely as part of a team and assist colleagues in a range of other activities
- A flexible approach to working hours is also expected. The demands on your time and expertise will be significant.
- Must have senior project/programme management and leadership experience preferably within the energy sector.
- You must hold a full driving license, as operational sites are located throughout Great Britain.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the appropriate behaviours and commitment towards health and safety to ensure we achieve our health and safety value.
- You will play an important part in delivering a high standard of health and safety for the company.
- Project and programme management qualifications (eg APM). Educated to degree or masters level.