The Project comprises the improvement of 8.1km of the A465 between Gilwern and Brynmawr.
This forms part of the wider A465 Dualling Scheme between Abergavenny and Hirwaun. The A465 is recognised in the Welsh Governments National Transport Plan as a strategically important route and also forms part of the Trans European Transport Network. The project includes the construction of 13 major structures, over 11.5km of various types of retaining walls as well as excavation of over 1.0million m3 of earthworks. All this through an extremely narrow rock gorge with a river on one side while maintaining current traffic flows on the existing route.
Lying within the Brecon Beacons National Park the team also have considerable environmental challenges to deal with including Lesser Horseshoe bats, Special Areas of Conservation, several sites of Special Scientific Interest and Scheduled Ancient Monuments.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Senior Planner is accountable for all planning and scheduling functions on the project and the full integration with other project controls including risk management, cost forecasting, earned value, managing change and BIM.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the planning, programming and progress control as an integral member of project team
- Ensure the production of fully integrated project programmes for the project in the format required by the Client and project team that includes design, procurement, consents, construction and commissioning
- Maintain and communicate the Project Master Programme
- Prepare comprehensive site layouts and prepare presentations as necessary (PowerPoint, Visio)
- Liaise with the Client, designer, supply chain, statutory consultees and undertakers to ensure all requirements and consents are identified and planned
- Appraise and coordinate subcontractors' programmes and feedback to them on changing main programme information
- Liaise with Project Management to ensure the most effective construction strategy is followed
- Analyse project performance and prepare/present reports on programme and progress
- Attend and contribute to project meetings
- Support the commercial team in developing a procurement schedule, risk identification and management, scope and change management, earned value analysis.
- Support the project BIM strategy
- Contribute to the company's Planning Community
- Implement Company Planning procedures
HEALTH & SAFETY FOR JOB ROLE:
- Ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to and monitor and control SHE performance on site in accordance with the company policies, HASEMP and company Procedures and Guidance Manual.
- Hold valid CSCS card.
- Degree (desirable) / HND (minimum) in Civil Engineering
- CSCS card required
- Minimum 5-years industry experience of general civil engineering industry experience
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 essential
- Experience of programme submissions and updating to NEC requirements is desirable
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex project to the wider team
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment and reporting into a client led master programme
- Confident, effective written, oral, questioning and listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, designers, subcontractors etc at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage meetings
- Ability to manage subordinates and sub-contractors
- Must be able to work in a team as well as act as team leader
- Ability to build relationships with external parties
- Commercial awareness and ability to contribute to project success
- Knowledge of highways construction
- Interpretation of drawings & specifications
- Planning, programming and project control
- Experience in planning where network intervention constraints are a fundamental issue (either on road or rail)
- Understanding of internal reporting requirements for customers such as HA, i.e. KPIs.
Please apply today to be considered for the above role!