Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer based in West Yorkshire on a 6 months contract with an option to renew.
Job specification: -
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical / Civil schemes in the water industry.
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel
- Working alongside the Design Manager and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- To prepare and review detailed engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel
- To closely coordinate design production between in house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our client’s designers
- Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract
- Attend internal and external design reviews (e.g. HAZOP and ALM reviews) and where applicable progress meetings
- To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities
- Mentor and guide developing engineers within the team
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
- Chartered Engineer (or ready and able to progress to Chartered)
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes
- Experience and expertise in the production of hydraulic calculations including but not limited to pipelines, pump duties.
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!