Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer based in London on a 12 months contract with an option to renew. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop, progress and deliver designs for a range of projects and sizes.
Job specification: -
- Prepare and develop calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and the documents relating to each projects design.
- Produce details of specifications and outline produce details of specifications and outline designs in the commissioning process of the project.
- Make sure all designs are rigorously checked and are dine in a timely and accurate manner and to the client’s requirements.
- Where required to take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development
- Assist in compilation of final project documentation and safety file/submittal information, ensuring inclusion into Operation and maintenance manuals.
- Work in close collaboration with other engineers, projects managers, suppliers, site installations and construction team.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meeting and on all aspects of the project.
- Prepare and contribute to design development reports
- Ensuring quality and success of all designs and technical issues of the projects
- Attend project sites and working testing
- Arrange and deliver client training on relevant design and technical issues
- Maintain the company’s confidential information policy
- Manage and monitor the work of Junior Mechanical Engineers, guide him/her to raise the standards of produced work.
- Assist service engineers and estimators where required
- Ensure the practices, policies and services represent the client’s and cilantro’s best interests and keeping within current legislation, British standard and codes of practices.
- Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and main effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion.
- Qualified to degree level
- Extensive of designs and project management of multi-disciplinary projects and production of detailed specifications
- Excellent creative, technical and mechanical abilities
- Must have a high level of computer literacy
- Effective communicator with the ability to deal with colleagues on variety of levels
- Must have initiative, self – motivation and the confidence to make decisions
- Sufficient background knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to technical and operational requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple task at the same time
- Self-motivated and a high level of professionalism
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!