Our client is a niche specialist are one of the largest independently owned and managed technical service providers in the UK and Ireland, with extensive expertise and experience in engineering services, technical facilities management and systems integration.
With an annual turnover in excess of £300m, with well-over 2,000 employees and more than 20 years of market experience, our client has the financial strength, scale and technical expertise to meet their clients’ expectations. They can provide consultancy and design of mechanical & electrical systems through to the installation and whole-life maintenance / management of these assets.
As an independent business, our client has a very strong sense of responsibility to their clients throughout all areas of their business, whilst having both the flexibility to make decisions and the ability to respond with agility to their customer’s needs. Their focus is on operational excellence through the design and delivery of innovative, sustainable and resilient solutions.
As a result of expansion, our client is now seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to enhance our existing in house design team.
Reporting to a Divisional Manager, your duties and skills will include:-
• Maintaining an excellent knowledge of all the latest regulations, guidance & best practices.
• Having a broad experience of different commercial and industrial installations.
• Having a sound commercial appreciation of mechanical systems and their respective merits.
• Having the ability to provide value engineering opportunities & justify their technical compliance.
• Maintaining a good understanding of co-ordination to work closely with operators & other trades.
• Maintaining an excellent knowledge of iSBEM in order to provide the effective/innovative solutions to Part L compliance.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• The ability to develop and provide guidance to both junior & intermediate Engineers.
• The ability to provide design support to both the projects and bids teams to the level of detail respectively required.
• The ability to design mechanical services from concept stage to construction stage including practical considerations of installation, commissioning and maintenance.
• The ability to be hands on in the production of calculations (using appropriate and auditable design software) including heat losses and gains, pump, pipe and ductwork sizing.
• The ability to support and lead the preparation of design reports, feasibility studies, specifications and detailed design drawings.
• The ability to carry out site surveys where necessary.
• The ability to produce Design Risk Assessments.
• The ability to convey information to all levels and attend design team meetings and site/client meetings, as required.
• The ability to challenge the way we work, look for opportunities to improve our systems (IES, Bentley Hevacomp, AutoCad, Revit etc) and be actively involved in our BIM strategy.
• The ability to be a team player and promote strong and happy working relationships at all levels.
Interested? Call Nigel Brown immediately or send me an e-mail