Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator based in Nottingham. Our client has a visible pipeline of work with both new and long-standing clients and are focused on working in partnership and collaboration with our customers.
Working on a wide range of civil engineering schemes. Works typically involve earthworks, foundation piling, heavy civils FRC works, industrial buildings, drainage, roads, cable troughs and ducting.
- Maintain tender database and risk scoring system for new tenders and update throughout tender process
- Review tender documentation to fully understand the scope of works
- Establish and communicate estimating tender timeline and review meetings
- Where required, quantify the works involved from tender documents by taking off and producing a logical bill of quantities in a recognised standard form including identification of method related items.
- Engage early in tender with the bid team to identify proposed works delivery method and preferred supply chain partners
- Lead engagement with supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bid process
- Oversee production of subcontract & materials enquiries and review subsequent quotations
- Prepare accurate and competitive cost estimates from first principals for a wide variety of civil engineering works, predominately in the power, waste and heavy industrial sectors
- Work with tender planner and operational staff to ensure agreed work sequence and methodology is reflected in pricing
- Check labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate with those derived from the tender programme and review as required.
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
- Identify and record potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Participate in risk reviews of tenders to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Pre-Construction and Operational staff
- Prepare & present the prime cost estimate for the tender to the Senior Leadership Team for adjudication and approval
- Prepare pricing documents in the correct format for submission to the Client
- Oversee and ensure maintenance of a controlled copy of tender documents, submissions and any resultant communications
- On acceptance of tender by Client assist in checking that proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer
- Prepare and present the tender handover documents to the contract delivery team
- Liaise with construction teams at scheme close out meetings to ensure outputs and resource data are collected providing feedback for future tenders
Essential for candidates
- Relevant site-based history of civil engineering schemes
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BEng or NVQ equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an estimator working on competitively tendered schemes
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Experience of using computer estimating software
Ideally candidates would also
- Have a working knowledge of power sector and relevant working restrictions, health and safety implications and qualifications
- Have experience using Conquest Q estimating software
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contract such as NEC, JCT and FIDIC
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!