Take responsibility for production of estimates and cost plans to be included in tender submissions under a multitude of procurement routes.
The role will include but not be limited to, liaison with Consultants, Clients and internal colleagues as appropriate in the formulation and submission of bids.
Contribute to the preparation of complete tenders.
- Appraisal of tender documents;
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors;
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team;
- Visit site to identify site specific risks;
- Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings;
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities;
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries;
- Adjudication and comparison of sub contractor quotations;
- Presentation of the cost estimate to senior management at tender settlement meetings;
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender;
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Appropriate Construction related degree/HND or similar;
- Computer literate – estimating software etc;
- Awareness of Industry procurement methods;
- Understanding of Whole Life Costs (desirable);
- Cost Planning;
- Experienced at producing Bills of Quantities/elemental quantities;
- Knowledge and experience of “first principle” analytical estimating across all sectors, particularly Custodial, Education, Health for projects generally over £30m in value;
- Experience with all forms of contract. Notably PFI, D&B single and 2 stage tenders and frameworks;
- Supervisory and organisational experience;
- Cost Planning “rates” across relevant sectors;
- Working knowledge of BREEAM;
- Awareness of BIM;
- Ability to produce accurate measurement from 2D drawings & 3D models and spotting inadequacy in design information.
All above are Essential unless stated otherwise.