Rubicon Consulting are recruiting a Senior Engineer to assist the site team to manage projects within the company from contract award through to completion;
Reporting to either a Site Manager or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability.
- Participate in team development for the benefit of the individuals and the company. Emphasis on team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
- Preparation, monitoring and implementation of Quality planning and controls for various activities within live projects to ensure project compliance with the Specification and the Company Policies for Quality, Safety and Environmental issues;
- Investigation and preparation of requisitions for plant and materials within tender allowances including taking off of quantities from drawings or direct site measurement;
- Interpreting construction information from drawings and specifications etc and ensuring the information is communicated to the particular site operations;
- Procurement of materials and hiring of plant within company procedural requirements;
- Management of and/or assistance to site Engineers, involving the effective delegation of tasks to team members;
- Working closely with Site Foremen and Gangers outlining technical requirements to be met and dealing with technical requests relating to site operations;
- Coordination and supervision of Subcontractors in delivering their scope of works;
- Management of and/or implementation of site setting out and checking regime generally undertaken by the site Engineers. May include interpretation of survey data gathered;
- Methodology selection and preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, permits to work. Monitoring of implementation of procedures on site;
- Maintain records of work done and site activities including as built records, diaries and allocation sheets;
- Maintain and develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work;
- Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project - promotion of positive image of the company name to protect and promote the brand name;
- With training, and experience - undertake planning and checking role for temporary works in accordance with company procedures;
- With training, and experience - plan and prepare lift plans in accordance with company procedures;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
- Civil Engineering/Building qualification to ONC / HNC or BSc Degree in Civil Engineering;
- CSCS card;
- SMSTS Training (5 day) (desirable);
- First Aid at Work (4 day) (desirable);
- Chartered status or approaching (desirable);
- Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management e.t.c.(desirable);
- Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Senior Engineer through career development with both theoretical and practical experience. Ideally will have previously held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor;
- Awareness of quality and environmental practices within the business environment;
- Good communicator orally/written;
- Good decision maker;
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Good team player;
- Knowledge of the construction process;
- Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience;
- Good practical knowledge of site setting out, control and checking.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.