Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer for a global client on a contract position based in London. The successful candidate should be experienced in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design focused in similar types of Projects.
Drafting, modelling, reports and calculations
• Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects – In particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed with a winning strategy and appropriate level of innovation.
• Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
• Electrical design of lighting, HV & LV supply and small power distribution, earthing and lightning protection, fire and voice alarm systems, telecommunication services, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
• Be conversant with Revit/ 3D drawing production and be able to interrogate a model and help resolve coordination issues.
• Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high-quality drawings for review by Senior team members.
• Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
• Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
• Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
Coordinate and communicate
• Coordination with other discipline engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process
• Attend progress, design team and coordination meetings where required.
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other design.
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
• Ensuring adherence to Corporate Standards.
• Ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe manner and comply with client’s H&S requirements.
• Ensuring the relevant QA procedures are followed.
• Maintain, develop and retain the highest appropriate standard of technical skill.
• Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Program.
• Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• The successful candidate will Chartered or be working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a electrical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic & self-motivated.
• Professional membership (MIET or MCIBSE).
• Relevant experience in design and delivery of projects within the consulting industry (preferable).
• Ideally you will have a track record in the design of electrical systems on a variety of building projects, i.e. retail, mixed-use developments, hospitality, healthcare, offices and industrial etc.
• A good understanding and use of electrical design software.
• Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• A British Passport would be an advantage (but not essential) as we have several projects that require different levels of security clearance.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject
• Engineering accreditation (CEng or equivalent) would be advantageous
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.