Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer based in London on a 12 months contract with an option to renew. The successful candidate will be responsible for the electrical designs and technical advice and guidance to all parties involved in the project.
Job specification: -
- Manage and coordinate installation and commissioning of the projects electrical requirement provide electrical design, technical analysis and resolution of electrical problems.
- Implement and monitor the project, ensuring it is engineered to the highest standards expected.
- Allocate design and construction contracts, provide project management advice to colleagues and contractors and undertake reviews of design and contract activities.
- Liaise with the Electrical Division of the project to ensure successful overall project completion.
- Liaise effectively with client, subcontractors and all other parties involved.
- Ensure the project is thoroughly planned to be completed according to schedule and budget.
- Arrange on site commissioning and acceptance testing of the equipment
- Produce technical document to aid in the commissioning process of the project.
- Post contract completion i.e clearing site/archiving/financial and practical review/installed drawings and manuals/secure disposal of confidential information and systems.
- Build Relationship with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion
- Preparation and development of calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, models, specifications and other documents relating to the project’s design.
- Understand resources requirements, risk and technical quality to ensure delivery of effective solution to problems.
- Attending internal and external review and progress meeting
- Attend projects sites and works testing
- To ensure that all health and safety procedures are adhered to and all electrical engineering work is conducted in a safe and appropriate manner
- To ensure that all electrical engineering practices on site are kept up to date and within UK safety legislation
- Extensive experience of electrical design for building management
- Extensive experience in M&E contracting
- Competent in CDM, risk assessment and internal and external auditing
- Experience of design and project management of multi-disciplinary projects and production of detailed specifications
- Proven track of experience covering a range of electrical topics including design, analysis, specification, installation and commissioning
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects from concept through to production, ensuring timescale, quality and cost targets are met
- Ability to lead and develop others and manager cross team works
- Be able to provide services to agreed standards, timescales and budgets
- Excellent creative and technical abilities
- Effective communicator with the ability to deal with colleagues on a variety of levels
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings on all aspects of the project
- Sufficient background knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to electrical and operational requirements.
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Self -motivated and a high level of professionalism.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!