Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for a contract position based in Southwest on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical schemes, predominately in the water industry and providing an overall design package to the Project Manager.
Job specification: -
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Manager/senior electrical designer and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
- To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- To closely coordinate design production between client’s in-house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our client’s designers.
- To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI’s.
- Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
Candidate requirement: -
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage
- Experience with AMTECH
- Be able to generate electrical installation packs including but not limited to cable calculations, cable block diagrams, termination details, cable schedules
- Generate control philosophies, URS and FDS documents (where applicable) to client briefs and specifications
- Use of proprietary software to generate lighting design
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!