Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Draughtsperson based in Bridgwater on a 6 months contract with an option to renew. The successful candidate will be liaising with the Section Leader/Principle Draughtsperson to complete allocated projects in accordance with programme, quality requirements and cost.
• To support the Engineering Department, Project Design Team, through the provision of high-quality sketches and Engineering Drawings.
• Liaise as necessary with the Designer and/or Draughtsperson to obtain the most suitable interpretation of design requirements.
• Control of all allocated drawings in line with PAS 1192-2 for delivery of BIM projects at Design & Construction stage.
• Understand, maintain and apply Divisional QA policy and procedures in line with the requirements of ISO9001:2000 and to ensure that corrective and preventive action in respect of products, services and the quality system are effective.
• Production of 2D/3D CAD drawings.
• Liaising with Design Engineers.
• Liaising with Site Project Team.
• Maintaining Drawing Records.
• Carry out Surveys and Measurements.
• Liaising with fabricators and others e.g. Site Operatives.
• Deliverables supplied to budget.
• Deliverables produced to program.
• Maintain utilisation (percentage of chargeable hours) as specified by the line manager.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Minimum experience of 5+ years in relevant fields.
• ONC/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD or Microstation latest versions.
• Experience in preparation of Layout Drawings.
• Experience of Civil/Structural CAD Design and Drawings.
• Knowledge of Reinforced Concrete and preparation of Bar Bending Schedules.
• Proficient in writing of notes for different general arrangements and detail drawings, as per latest British Standard.
• Knowledge of 3D modelling.
• Experience in Power Transmission and Distribution.
• Experience using Navisworks software.
• Experience using Autodesk Civil 3D.
• Experience using Autodesk Revit Structures/MEP.
• Contextual or other information
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!