Our client is renowned for the transformation and co-creating the future of energy with customers, providing safe, efficient, reliable, and affordable power to drive economic growth and raise living standards around the world.
Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Developer for a global client for a contract position based in the West Midlands. This successful candidate will be working as part of an agile software team designing, building, validating and maintaining clients Advanced Distribution Management System used by utility companies worldwide in the management and distribution of electricity.
Length: 6 months (ongoing)
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Skills and Experience; -
• Must have proven experienced of Angular & HTML 5
• Experience in use of Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory as part of configuration management and software delivery / deployment
• Experience in all or some of the following technical skills
o CppUnit, Junit or similar
o Linux operating systems
o Interprocess communication (TCP/IP, UDP), Multithreading programming
o RESTful services, Web Sockets, Web Application development
o Open Source Software (Apache HTTP Server, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes, Jboss)
• Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Power Analysis or other degree with relevant experience
• Experience working in software development methodologies (Scrum/KanBan)
Main responsibilities: -
• Develop new Advanced Smart Applications and help migrate existing systems to micro-service architecture.
• Work closely with Business Analysts and Technical Managers to understand user requirement and design and develop applications to meet customer needs.
• Work closely with customers and project engineers to Identify issues and improve code quality
• Work well as part of a team or independently, showing initiative when overcoming obstacles
• Display a natural ability to learn.
• Able to improve product quality displaying strong refactoring skills.
• Implement automated unit tests and scenario tests to ensure release quality.
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.