We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer who will be responsible for providing protection designs, solutions and technical input to contracts and all areas within the employee’s business area. The successful candidate will be planning, monitoring and delivering departmental work packages on time and to budget whilst ensuring design validation of Secondary Engineering solutions.
- production of protection and control schematics for 13.9kV up to 400kV and LVAC & DC systems;
- production of protection relay configurations and associated documentation;
- production of protection Compliance Matrices, Design Intent Documents and Functional Design Specifications;
- production of Engineering and Test Specifications for new and existing solutions;
- production of design risk assessments for all design solutions. Ensure as part of the process all design risks and HAZIDS are identified and controlled and ensuring full compliance with current Health and Safety legislation;
- ensure quality and consistency in the carrying out functional testing during the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) phase with the client;
- assist in Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and specialist commissioning assistance when required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with 6 years design experience in the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
The successful candidate should be fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies and have good knowledge of Health & Safety regulations (including CDM regulations) applicable to the design of High Voltage substations.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail.