We currently have a number of exciting new opportunities for Senior Commercial Manager working for one of the biggest names within the Engineering Consultancy industry.
JOB PURPOSE: -
To lead and manage the commercial teams responsible for the delivery of multiple and mixed portfolios of infrastructure projects.
• Responsible for all pre and post contract commercial activities including managing commercial teams on the projects in the assigned portfolio. Ensuring the Commercial teams are delivering value for money, under fair and effective commercial management processes, during the entire project. Liaison with the Procurement team on the relevant procurement activities and delivery to programme.
• Monitor project budgets, change control, risk register and contingency with the project delivery team. This will include the periodic reporting and presentation of cost data and the accuracy of the periodic Cost for Work Done (COWD. Explain any Variances against Budget in all Commercial reports for the projects in the portfolio.
• Provide support to the Estimating team with the current project cost data and equally seek support to evaluate high value changes. Carry out regular commercial reviews of both internal costs and of the external supplier costs and implement appropriate measures to manage any rising issues.
• Lead and manage final accounts settlements of all projects in the portfolio and support delivery team with the project close out report. This would also include pro-actively manage any commercial disputes or claims and provide a periodic Claims report. Seek expert support, if required.
• Manage all project commercial communication in accordance with the contract and advice to the Project Delivery team. At all times manage compliance with Commercial Governance rules.
• Capturing Lessons Learnt and feed back to the Head of Commercial. Also Support the Head of Commercial with the project commercial information to promote informed decision-making.
• Along with Head of Commercial manage a Commercial Management team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure that all staff has the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team's objectives. Including periodic review and discuss Commercial resource deployment and requirement in line with the project deliverables with the Head of Commercial.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Will have extensive experience in Commercial Management through the early planning, development and tendering stages of major UK infrastructure projects and of working closely with procurement departments throughout the tender process to contract award. Setting up and implementing robust Post Contract administration processes.
• Strong experience in leading and managing Commercial Management teams on large Infrastructure projects.
• Good knowledge and experience of working with, or for, publicly funded bodies and projects.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining an effective Contract Administration process and reporting system that is aligned to programme/ project requirements.
• Demonstrable experience in contract, commercial and risk management.
• Specific understanding of Construction contract terms and conditions, preferable NEC3 and ICE.
• Strong experience of Target Costs and Fixed Price contracts
• Strong experience of Change Management and resolution of contract disputes
• Membership of the RICS or similar recognised body
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me or E-mail